Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Crochet Diya Showpiece (Samai Type), Diwali Special

 

Hello friends,

Here I made a very beautiful Diya showpiece for Diwali. I know that you will definitely love it to do. I used wooden beads and pearls (10 mm) along with Yarn and hook 3.5 mm. 

But I want to suggest that it will be better to use these bigger beads than I used. It will be easier to balance also.

https://share.google/FLGeJX62bL7YDHCzW

PATTERN: First make petals: Make chs 8 by first color,

R1: from second ch, sc2, hdc3, sc2, in last ch (sc1, ch1, sc1), place marker in ch1-sp, then from other side also make sc2, hdc3, sc2, sl st in first opposite side stitch.

R2: Join border color at first st.  ch1, sc1 in each st till marker (7), remove marker in that ch1 make, (sc1, ch1-picot by sl st, sc1), then from other side also make sc1 in each st till last (7). BO.


Make 14-15 petals for two layers and 7-8 petals for one layer.

Then also make 7 petals with single color, Green.

With green yarn make R1 and R2 as above for round piece at bottom. Cut the card board of same size glue this on card board. Then glue green petals uniformy as shown on other side (means green round down). 

Then one layer of colored petals so that new petal should be positioned in between two green petals. If you want to make double layered then glue more petals to for upper layer in the same manner.

Then with Yellow or musterd color make a small round piece as, R1: dc12 in magic loop, cl, BO and glue it on the top at centre.

Small Flowers to Decorate: Use any yarn, 

R1: in magic loop make (ch3, dc1, ch3, sl st in magic loop) 5 times, cl, BO. Sew one small pearl (6mm) at centre. Make such 5-6 flowers.

Now let's make Base. In musterd color yarn thread 24 beads (10 mm),

R1: dc12 in magic loop, cl (12). First dc is ch3.

R2: dc2 in each st, cl (24)

R3: [dc1 in one st, (dc2) next] 12 times, cl (36)

R4: [dc1 in two sts, (dc2) next] 12 times, cl (48)

R5: ch1, sc1, [move 1 bead, ch1, skip 1 st, sc1 next] 24 times, cl, BO. Again cut one card board of base size and glue it under this piece so that it will remain stiff. Then also glue small flowers on the base as per your ideas.

Then glue (3-4) big wooden beads at centre one over other. once it is dry then glue our upper part (flower like) at the centre.

Diya: Diya's pattern is same as that in the following post,

https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/2026/09/crochet-diya-wall-hanging-diwali.html

Place this Diya at the centre of the top.


Look at the beautiful Diya Showpiece you made!!! (First photo)

The following video with English subtitles may help you.

ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Diya Showpiece (Samai Type), Diwali Special

  Hello friends, Here I made a very beautiful Diya showpiece for Diwali. I know that you will definitely love it to do. I used wooden beads ...