Friday, October 9, 2026

Crochet Peacock Feather Aakash Diya, Aakash Kandil, Diwali Special

 

Hello friends,

This year also I made one Lotus - Aakash Diya which I had alraedy posted. Read,

https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/search?q=lotus+aakash+diya

The second one I made is very different, it's Peacock Feather Aakash Diya. It's height from top ring to small pom pom is 14".

I always made them in advance so that my followers, subscribers can make and sale as many as they wish. Main Peacock color yarn I used is metallic yarn which is sparkely. (I love this yarn, is itself it's name, since I am here in USa, I have so many yarns from Hobby Lobby and Maichel)

https://www.hobbylobby.com/yarn-needle-art/yarn-tools/yarn/766-teal-sparkle---metallic-i-love-this-yarn/p/80953374?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=20441340174&gbraid=0AAAAAC-IqNwYDu1tra3FHQr0sXxuqgNbT&gclid=CjwKCAjwoaLWBhAWEiwAnyitux6_wlQGHCZz7y7av-58o3zARlTSIZnFOSuIYR-Cs2czx0elJ4krVBoCnTMQAvD_BwE 

All other yarns except Orange (of small flowers) is Vardhamaan Millenium from India, are from USA. As I knew that Diwali is coming within my stay here so I carried many useful things like metallic rings, beads, pompom from India to here which will be helpful for all Diwali videos and blogs. The rings used are of 8.5" diameter. 

In USA such rings are available in Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Pieces-Metal-Dream-Catcher-Rings-Hoops-Steel-Craft-Silver-Rings-for-Crafts-Macrame-and-Other-DIY-Projects-in-5-Sizes/1741144888?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=103160619&sourceid=dsn_gdn_0c92c416-dbd6-42ec-845c-ecf69af2153d&veh=dsn&wmlspartner=dsn_gdn_0c92c416-dbd6-42ec-845c-ecf69af2153d&cn=0042_fy27_mp_mpa_lo_int_dis_pmax-p13n&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=&wl4=&wl5=9030067&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=5815599443&wl11=online&wl12=1741144888_103160619&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=23148469844&gbraid=0AAAAADmfBIqlcu-m28ce_9aDhRrWhu3Nv&gclid=CjwKCAjwoaLWBhAWEiwAnyitu0JXtjL9A9Tk-P4TrrYUyo-CSpJEC5LCdBQLhsgdHBeQPlyCGCQ5HxoC-iYQAvD_BwE

Other things like beads, pom pom are easily available. I used hook 3.5 mm. (Hooks and some of my yarns I carried along with me (that is my treasure)). 

PATTERN: Let's first make Peacock Feather. Actually I had already shared this pattern,

https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/search?q=peacock+feather

R1: with dark purple, dc12 in magic loop, cl ( First dc is ch3) BO.

R2: join blue yarn at first st, ch1, (sc2) in each st, cl, BO.

R3: join dark pink (Rani color) at first st. Make ch1, sc5, hdc3, dc7, at corner's st make (dc1, tr1, dc1), place marker at tr-st, then on other side make dc7, hdc3, sc5, skip last st, sl st in first. BO.

R4: join Peacock color at first st, ch1, hdc5, (hdc2), dc3, (dc2), dc3, tr3, at marker's place (tr2, ch1, tr2), on other side, tr3, dc3, (dc2), dc3, (hdc2), hdc5, cl, BO.

Lastly by orange yarn make some embroidary as shown in the video,

Now this Feather has width 3.5" and circumference of the ring is 27"-28", hence we shall need 8 feathers. So make 8 feathers as above.



R1: wrap the metal ring by same metallic yarn with single crochets. 

To cover whole ring I need 121 sts. This number may vary yarn to yarn. But for me to attach 8 feathers We have 121 sts means 15 sts for each feather (one st may be adjusted).


R2: ch1, [sc1 in 10 sts, (insert hook in next st on ring, insert hook in third st from top centre of feather, YO get one st and pass it through both, YO pass throu 2 sts) 5 times (means in next 5 scs join featherfrom the top 5 sts of it)] rep 8 times, cl. Place marker from where we have to start joining the feather, the top 5 sts of feather.

Then join also the feathers by small beads as shown in (dc2) gap in last round of feather.

If you made this much and sew or attach some tassels beads to each feather at ch1-sp. it can be a good lamp shade or decorative piece.

Then join white yarn at ch1-sp of feather, (If you have blue yarn then instead of white use blue. (Here I don't have so I used White)

R1: ch1, sc1, [ch4, dc1 in 4th st of same feather, ch7, dc1 in 4th tr-st of next feather, ch4, sc in ch1-sp of next feather] rep 8 times, cl.

R2: [V (dc1, ch2, dc1) at sc-st in ch1-sp of feather. ch2, dc on dc, ch1, shell (dc2, ch2, dc2) in 4th ch, ch1, dc on dc, ch2, V in sc-st] rep 8 times, cl.

Sl st 2 in ch2-sp of V

R3: [ V on V, ch2, dc on dc, ch1, shell on shell, ch1, dc on dc, ch2] rep 8 times, cl.

Repeat this round till the height is 9"-10". If you want you may change color.

R4: same as R3.

R5, R6, R7: same as R3 with Puple yarn.

R8, R9 and R10: same as R3 with white yarn. BO.

You can note that ch2-spaces of V and shell are in down level than dc-sts so we try to make them in a level. Join Peacock color at ch2-sp of V. 

R11: ch1, sc1 in ch2-sp of V, ch3, hdc1 on dc-st, ch2, sc1 0n ch2-sp of shell, ch2, hdc1 on dc-st, ch3] rep 8 times, cl.

R12: ch1, sc4 in ch3-sp as well as ch2-sp, cl (128 sts)

R13: Join second ring by sc1 in each st but covering ring, cl (128)

BORDER: [sc8, ch4, remove hook from st, insert hook in third previous st (out of 8), pass working loop through it, ch1, in ch4-sp make (ch2, dc5, ch3-picot, ch5-picot, ch3-picot, dc5, ch2, sl st in ch4-loop] rep 16 times, cl, BO.

Small FLOWERS to decorate: with Orange yarn in magic loop,

R1: [ch3, dc1, ch3, sl st in magic loop] 6 times, cl. Make 8 flowers.

CORD: Take two threads one dark purple and one metallic and make chs 80 (nearly 20"). Make 2, sew them properly.

Also sew a beautiful small bead at centre. Glue one flower below each feather under ch1-sp on purple portion. Also attach beautiful small pompom as shown. Luckly the color matches the pom pom I carried from India. Beads purchased here.

The beautiful Aakash Kandil / Aakash Diya is ready.

The following video with English subtitles may help you.


ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Peacock Feather Aakash Diya, Aakash Kandil, Diwali Special

  Hello friends, This year also I made one Lotus - Aakash Diya which I had alraedy posted. Read, https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/search?q=lo...