Hello friends,
How are you? Must be busy in Ganesh Festival, coming Dashara and Diwali. Must be in search of new ideas for decorating your home. So here I made one Decorative piece for Janmashtami, Ganeshotsav, Diwali, Christmas like festivals. Before this I made Lotus showpiece which I had posted on 26th August. In which I had given patterns for two Lotus Appliques.
https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2026-08-26T22:10:00-07:00&max-results=7
PATTERN: Let's make Lotus with Pink yarn. For one petal make chs 10.
LOTUS: R1: from second ch, sc1, hdc1, dc1, (dc2) in next 2 sts, dc1, hdc1, sc1, in last ch make (sc1, ch1, sc1), place marker at ch1-sp, then from other side also make sc1, hdc1, dc1, (dc2) in 2 sts, dc1, hdc1, sc1, lastly sl st in first st on opposite side.
R2: ch1, sc1 in each st till marker (you have to make 11 scs), at marker make (sc1, ch1-picot, sc1) then on other side also make sc1 in each st (11), BO.
Make such 7 petals for one flower and glue them properly by Glue Gun. Make as many flowers as you want. I made only 4, but for complete Toran you will have to make 7 lotus. Sew bead or button at centre.
Then we shall see how to make Leaf with Green yarn.
LEAF: R1: in magic loop make ch3, tr 3, dc4, tr1, dc4, tr3, ch3, sl st in magic loop.
R2: sc2 in ch3-sp, (dc3) on each tr-sts, dc1 on 3 dc-sts, (dc2) in last dc-st, on tr-st make (dc3), then on other side also (dc2) on first dc-st, dc1 on 3 dc-sts, (dc3) on each tr-st, sc2 in ch3-sp, cl.
TORANPATTI: Make chs 17.
R3: dc4, ch2, in ch1-sp of previous row make (dc1, ch1, dc6), ch1, dc4.Repeat R3 till the height is 22".
Next row: dc4, ch4, sc1 in between (means dc4 on one side, dc2, ch1, dc1 on other side), ch4, dc4 on last 4 dc-sts.
Last row: dc4, dc1 in each of the 4 chs, dc1 on sc-sts, dc1 in each of the 4 chs, dc1 on 4 dc-sts (17 sts).
Join green yarn at any corner,
Join pink yarn at any st
R3: (sc1 in 2 sts, 2sctog) 3 times, cl (9)
R4: (sc1, 2sctog) 3 times, cl (6)
Then decorate the Toran by beads and these buds if possible by tassels also. (When I made this I am in USA so I don't have much decorative things here but you may decorate it more beautifully.
The following video with English subtitles may help you.
ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.


.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment