Sunday, August 23, 2026

Janmashtami Decoration Part3: Crochet Flute, Basuri, Murali

Hello friends,

The relation of God Shri Krishn and Flute is for ever. It is the way to go near God. Bhagawan Shankar had gifted it to Krishn. Making Bansuri or Flute is very simple. Basari I made is 7.25" long.You can make small with 8 sts and 5-6 inches and use it as the Keychain along with peacock feather.

PATTERN: With Yellow, R1: ch1, sc6 in magic loop, cl.

R2: ch1, [sc1, (sc2) next] 3 times, cl (9)

R3 and R4: ch1, sc1 in each st, cl (9). Join Red yarn while closing by sl st.

R5 and R6: same as R3 only with Red yarn. Then join Yellow yarn.

R7 to R29: same as R3 by Yellow yarn.


R30 & R31: same with red yarn.

R32 & R33: same with Yellow yarn.

R34 & R35: same with Red yarn.

R36 & R37: same with Yellow yarn.

Then for end portion,

Row 1: ch1, work sc1 in 5 sts only

R2: ch1 turn, skip first st, sc1 in 4 sts,

R3: ch1 turn,, skip 1 st, sc 1 in 3 sts, sl st in next. BO


For stiffness insert the rolled paper of perfect size (diameter) inside.

(Newspaper roll inserted inside can be seen)

Now decorate it with beads and may be with Zari cord. I attached two Latkan with 10 beads and 1 small bell in each. Also Embroidery black holes or color them. Best will be if you place proper size of Black Bindi in place of 6 holes. (Since I am in USA, I don't have Black Bindi and hence I colored).

The following video with English subtitles may help you.


ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Janmashtami Decoration Part3: Crochet Flute, Basuri, Murali

Hello friends, The relation of God Shri Krishn and Flute is for ever. It is the way to go near God. Bhagawan Shankar had gifted it to Krishn...