Sunday, March 31, 2019

Door Decor (Toran) Completed:
Fig 1

Hi friends,
Wow! apart from all this busy schedule, I completed this Door Decor (Toran). After a long time I have done this Tunisian crochet project.

Because cross stitch design goes very well with Tunisian crochet, so I decided to make some thing and have a cross stitch design on that. The yarn I had, was quite bulky so I decided to make Toran. It was wonderful experience to work with Tunisian crochet hook newly.

I started with 20 sts for 6" width then went on doing to and fro Tunisian simple stitch till the length became 3 ft with white Caron Bulky Yarn.

Now my search went on for cross stitch alphabets for writing WELCOME. But my requirements (about height of the letters) and my liking didn't give me any design (though there are so many online). So I decided to have my own as per my requirement and here I tried (fig 2).

Fig 2
 Took one note book with small crosses on that
Fig 3
like graph and had some letters on that. I thought that M is not necessary because just flip W and we get M, then E is already there. So now all set for cross stitch embroidery but when I made it. That O looked slim compare to other letters. I kept it's width 6 cross, same as other letters but then I made it 7 cross width and every thing was OK. See fig 3.

It is well known that Tunisian crochet work always get curved so I made simple half double crochet border with red colour. Still the door decor looked incomplete. Lastly I made simple tassels of one red and one white thread and it looked wonderful. I know that I could make it more beautiful with puff curves at it's bottom as I had made for my earlier toran, (I may post that Toran in my next post) but here it's OK

You may refer this video with English subtitles.
.


ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...