Monday, September 17, 2018

 Roses

Fig 1
Hi friends,
Flowers are undivided part of our life. They make us feel happy, they spread pleasure around them moreover they express our feelings. If you offer flower to your beloved it conveys "your love". If we offer flower to a patient it conveys "Get well soon" and make him / her happy. Not only this but the heeling property of flower has been proved now by scientists.  In any function, we welcome guests by offering them bouquet of flowers to express gratitude and respect about them. 

In India we call Rose as a King of flowers and yes! it's true. It's beauty, it's smell, variety in it's colours naturally makes it a King. Every one has deep attraction about rose. Every form of art has expressed it's images.


I used to draw Rose in my childhood and every time disappointed as it never looked as beautiful as real. Where as my younger brother Sunil is master in that. No one will believe that rose in Fig 2 was a pencil sketch by him. He is a wonderful artist we all sisters are proud of him.
Fig 2

Then I learnt to make rose when I was in 2nd class. In those days, we used to put two ribbons to our two braids. If any one ribbon went lose in school then one of my friends used to make rose from that. She used to fold it with uneven lengths and put one part over other as in fig 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Fig 3

Fig 4

Fig 5

Fig 6






















After folding full length ribbon as in fig 7, the smaller end was pushed and we got a beautiful rose as in fig 8. I loved that method in those days.
Fig 7
Fig 8


Today also I used that childhood method when I make roses for gift packing. I made them with narrow ribbon as in Fig 9. One more way of folding ribbon, I learnt and made new type of rose as in Fig 10.


Fig 9

Fig 10











Later on when I learnt crochet, I tried to make roses with different methods.
Rose in fig 1 is very simple to work and the link for that is,
http://www.diyhowto.org/crochet-3d-rose-flowers-free-patterns/
Of course it looks beautiful and moreover it is very simple to do.

Then one more type of rose I made which I have posted on Sep 2017. I made small bags of those two roses. The bag in fig 11, was made by nylon wire and that in fig 12 was made of wool.
Fig 11

Fig 12

















Fig 13




Lastly rose rangoli by me.

Though I made such number of roses in different style with different medium but the real satisfaction of Rose creation, I experienced was the crochet roses which I will post in my next post.

Happy creativity.

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of ways to make roses. Your brother’s picture is really lovely. I’d forgotten about ribbon roses, thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the fig. 1 and fig. 11 roses the most and thanks for including that sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...