Thursday, July 18, 2019


Beautiful Summer Hat
Fig 1
Hello friends,

I am back in India but when I was in USA,  summer started. So this beautiful summer hat (See fig 1) I made for my granddaughter. 

The original design is by Lyza Walters namely, Crochet Sparkly Summer Sun Hat in 3 parts. 



It’s really beautiful and I liked it, as soon as I saw it, I decided to make it.

The size shown in the above link is for ladies where as I have to make it for my 7 years granddaughter so I have to customise it and made corresponding changes.
Fig 2

Fig 3











1.       I skipped row number 12 (Fig 2)
2.       Instead of 4 lines of windows I did only three that is skipped rows 18 and 19. See fig 3.
3.       I didn’t have beads so skipped adding beads only worked sc instead of that.
4.       Also not worked cross around each bead rows, lastly
5.       Skipped last row.
Fig 4
                                                             
Fig 5
Fig 6











The completed hat from inside can be seen in fig 4.
Then while making flower also I made some changes,
6.       Some changes I had to do in making flower, the central part’s last round skipped, no beads.
For flower follow this link,
7.       Also instead of 10 ch petal I made only 9 ch petal.
The smaller version of flower also looked great! (Fig 5)
Fig 7


Fig 8
Thus the hat became perfect in fitting. Two different angles of the hat can be seen in fig 6 and 7.










My daughter also like it very much so I made one big size for her. See fig 8

It looks good but I thought perhaps I would have some better colour yarn. It’s time to return back from USA and hence no time to buy new yarn. Any way this also looks good.

ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doily

Friends,  Here is the beautiful pattern of Doily. Actally I made it as one of the Dinner set Plate Decor. The following video shows other th...