Thursday, June 20, 2019

Knitted Prayer Rug:
Fig 1
Hi friends,
Making Prayer rug (Aasan) is a common thing in India. I have posted a simple prayer rug made on Jute cloth by embroidery threads with cross stitch, see fig 2, by my Mom. See the post
https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/search?q=My+mom%27s+creation

The first prayer rug I made was just sewing lace on red velvet cloth. Fig 3


Fig 2

Fig 3
This prayer rug shown is fig 1 is my first knitted rug. When I saw Metered stitch I liked it and I decided to make Prayer rug.

This was made in a thick yarn (6ply) with UK 9 number knitting needles.

I made four parts and then they are sewed together to form a rug.

Fig 4
Fig 5

Add caption









First I made a sample which I can use as a table mat see fig 5. This table mat started by casting 40 stitches.
R1: All knit and place the marker in the centre.
R2 Knit till 2 sts to marker, K2tog, slip the marker, SSK (Slip slip knit means slip two sts one by one as if to knit then take them on left needle and knit two together from back side, K remaining sts.
Repeat Row 1 and 2 till 2 sts remain, then K2tog.

I have also changed the colour after 2 rows for getting 5 strips of black colour.

I made such four pieces and join them.

Table mat will be ready.
For Prayer rug I have started with 100 sts and the same thick yarn.

You can also make Baby blanket with colourful square pieces and joining them.

The following video may help you to see Mitered stitch.

Link to the video,

ETC: Enjoy the Creativity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Doily with Beautiful 3 D Border, Thalposh, Mandalam

  Hello friends, In the last post I have posted one table mat with same type of border but then many of my friends requested me to make roun...