Friday, October 12, 2018

Crochet Baby Sweater 14

                             T2P2R1 Crochet Baby Sweater
Hi friends,
You must be thinking about this strange title of my post. Does it look like a chemical formula of some compound? just like H2O for water or C12H22O11 for suger or you may be thinking that; this ex-mathematics professor might be in a dream of some mathematics problem and she mixed it with sweater. 
Sorry friends but this is not the case. Last week I saw one You tube published on 27th Sep 2018, namely SAL YELEK YAPIMI with address,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx3SXujhAyk&t=5s
I didn't understand the language but it was a knitted baby dress which I liked very much. When I saw it, I came to know only one thing that the pattern was started from three stitches then by increasing the sts properly a right angled triangle was formed then a parallelogram over it, then a rectangle again parallelogram and lastly triangle. Wow!! I responded spontaneously, what a geometrical design!! Initially I thought that I should knit that sweater, but then crochet sweater in my hand (which I made last week) whisper that No.. no.. don't knit, you should try your own crochet design of this type and YES! I tried...

This is half part if you unfold it then it will be clear, that why the name is T2P2R1. See fig 2,3 and 4.
Fig 2

Fig 3

Fig 4








Once I understood the pattern type, I started with,
R 1:  ch 2 and  sc 3 in the first ch. ch 1, turn, (3 sts)
R 2: sc 1 in the same st, sc 1 in the next st, sc 2 in the last st, ch 1 turn, ( 5 sts)
R 3: sc 1 in the same st, 1 sc in each of the remaining sts till the last st, sc 2 in the last st, ch 1 turn, (7 sts)
R 4: As R 3 (9 sts)
See fig 5

When I went on increasing 2 sts in each row, after 5-6 rows I saw that  the triangle was going to be obtuse and not right angles triangle. In a simple language the corner edges were  not perfect perpendicular. So I decided to make one row of only dc ( without increasing) after 4 rows every time.
Repeated this till the lengths of two perpendicular sides were 6". Fig 6. Counted the sts they were 39.

Fig 5
Fig 6

Fig 7















Now I have to make parallelogram on this triangle, so I increase 1 st from one side (by working 2 sc in a same st) and decrease 1 st from other side ( by 2 sc tog) continuously in each row and got the expected shape. See fig 7. Repeated this till  the length of smaller side was 7" and that of larger side was 13".
Here I had to wait, because the design in that knitted pattern was bubble st type, first I tried for puff st but it didn't work. Then I tried bubble st, with bubbles one over other but I was not pleased with that also. Then I tried this with one row of sc with bubbles and other row of dc and bubbles not one over other but one in between the two of previous row. See it in fig 8. You may try your different designs here. I worked this rectangle 6" x 8" that means 8" height.
Fig 8

Then again made parallelogram but remember the direction and first decide that on which side sts should be decreased and on which side sts should be decreased.

Lastly worked  triangle with those 39 sts, decreasing 2 in each row for 4 rows that is 39 - 37 - 35- 33 after that one row of sc only (no decrease or increase) then again 31-29-27-25, one row or all sc and so on.till one st. remain. Bind off.


This will look as in fig 2.
Second part is yet to make. Hope that it would be completed soon.
Happy crocheting ....         




2 comments:

  1. Good formula ;-P Maths is everywhere, isn't it?!
    Nice pics to explain the arrangement, ...

    ReplyDelete

Doily

Friends,  Here is the beautiful pattern of Doily. Actally I made it as one of the Dinner set Plate Decor. The following video shows other th...