Sunday, August 5, 2018

Gorgeous Guacamole Sweater

Hi friends,
I was surfing the yarn for sweater when I read the name of the colour of yarn, it is Guacamole (!). I didn't get the idea of colour that how much green (lightness / darkness) it would be. Moreover I didn't know this word. As usual Googleshwar (I used to call Google like this, because I know that every time Google helped me just like God - Omkareshwar, Grushneshwar, Rameshwar etc are the names of some of our famous temples of God) helped me and I came to know that this is a dish of mashed avocado mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chilli peppers etc. At once I remembered that I ate it at my son's and daughter's place, but I didn't remember the name. Then I ordered one skein and Oh! what a cute colour! I liked it very much and I decided to work with that yarn.
I decided to make this sweater for my daughter because since her collage days I have not knitted any sweater for her. I knew her choice that she liked simple design but best in fitting. When I searched from this angle I found this. Oh what a name! "Shapely Boyfriend Cardigan".
http://knitty.com/ISSUEdf11/PATTboyfriend.php
Just look at the photo of the sweater and you will love to work it out.
Same happened with me, I started it and finished in 15 days. Then I took a snap but not satisfied. But when some wore, it looked marvellous. Actually now I think that I should have keep the buttons open and take the snap, it might be better.


See another angle.
 Wow! what a fitting!!
Wonderful design by Stefanie Japel.
Thanks very much Stefanie for such a lovely pattern and that too free for all. Thanks once again.
Those buttons I ordered from Amazon here,
https://www.amazon.com/PEPPERLONELY-Antiqued-Pattern-Scrapbookin-Approximately/dp/B00NWBFVBC
Happy knitting.



4 comments:

  1. I like your name for google - here we sometimes say Tannie Google, Tannie being a respectful name for an older woman! I like your cardigan too, especially the asymmetrical front. I was given an avocado yesterday, I might just make guacamole with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane for the comment and yes I will try to remember your name of Google too, because I like it. In February when I will be in USA there is chance of eating Guacamole.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cardigan! I laughed reading the name for google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ninetta. In Marathi (my mother tongue) Ishwar means God. So Googleshwar is union of two word Google + Ishwar.

      Delete

Crochet Doily with Beautiful 3 D Border, Thalposh, Mandalam

  Hello friends, In the last post I have posted one table mat with same type of border but then many of my friends requested me to make roun...