Friday, June 29, 2018

Tatting Jewelry:
Fig 1
Hi friends,
 In Indian marriage ceremony there is one very important ritual part known as "Saptpadi" (sapt = seven and padi = steps). In this ritual, tying the knots with each other bride and groom revolve round the sacred fire seven times and and take seven vows of marriage. For details please see,
http://www.culturalindia.net/weddings/wedding-traditions/seven-vows.html

At the time of marriage of my son in 2010, I decided to give seven different types of necklaces in seven different colours (Fig 2) at the time of Saptpadi.
Fig 2
Out of these seven types of necklaces, one was tatted necklace and earring which I made for my daughter in law (Fig 1). That was the first time I search for the tatted jewelry. Today I could not find the link of that tatted jewelry set, only I found the earrings here,
http://funwithtatting.blogspot.in/2012/02/motif-25-carnival-earrings.html

In 2015 when I went to USA, I purchased these beads (Fig 3) but I didn't have tatting thread with me. So after returning, I tried to make one earrings using those beads, matching thread was already with me. I knew that after so much gap, its finishing didn't come up to the mark. Any way the earrings were ready and they are in Fig 4.
Fig 3

Fig 4


The design of the earrings is similar to,
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/413979390734594153/
with little changes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...