Sunday, October 22, 2017


Beaded Rangolis:

Fig 1


Bead Work is an art of making beautiful show peace, jewelry etc by threading them through cotton thread or nylon wire. When I was in third grade my mother made beaded bangle for me which I liked very much. I have also done some bead work. 

In my previous post I have written about Rangoli, that how rangoli is important in Indian culture and how it is drawn in festivals. Before  hundred years for daily lunch also rangoli is drawn around the lunch plate, particularly for gents 😠. Do we have so much time today? of course not. So now a days only if guest arrive or in festivals, such rangolis around the lunch plates are drawn. But time does not allow to draw rangolis when 5-6 guests are invited. For such situations  these beaded rangolies are the best option. Here are some photos. Just by looking them you can thread beads            and  make them. I have made 5-6 beaded rangolis.












All beaded rangolis in this photo are made by my mother

As a variety I have also used crochet and tatting to make such type of rangolis  that I will post some other day.
My mother had made number of beaded rangolies with variety of designs which are very useful for us whenever we invite more number of guests. She had also made Toran, a lace type decorative piece to be attached on the top of the door as a symbol of purity or to welcome guest which are supposed to be God in our culture.

Other than rangolis, I have made some simple bead work. This is swastik, ( a symbol of good things) which can be used to put Niranjan. I have also made three different designs of Mangalsutra, (a necklace which is symbol of married woman in India).
                                                                                                                                                                   
Mangalsutras
Swastik





Some other day I will also post three dimensional bead work I have done.

2 comments:

  1. You have indeed inherited your Mother's talents :-) very interesting rangoli !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Muskaan. Its true and I am grateful to God for that.

    ReplyDelete

Crochet Multi Speciality Bag with Mosaic Granny Square

  Hello friends, This is very multispeciality Bag in which w e can keep our Mob ile, Small Diary, Pen, Goggle, Cards, Coins and many other t...