Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Crochet Car Rakhi, Car Applique

 

Hello friends,

This year on 19th August India will celebrate "Rakshabandhan", the festival of Brother-Sister. For details please read,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raksha_Bandhan

See also my previous posts,

https://alkaandart.blogspot.com/search?q=rakshabandhan+rakhi

Every year I made different patterns for Rakhi, e.g. Flower rakhi, belt type rakhi for elders, special cartoon rakhi for kids as Peppa Pig, Bear, Chota Bhim etc Then I also realise that kids (boys) like Cars most. So I decided to make Car Rakhi. 

Actually I have made Car applique but it is big and I made it as a patch work on sweater of my grand son.

But for Rakhi I need small car. It's length is 2". I used 4 ply yarn and 1.75 mm hook. So here is the pattern.

Make chs 12.

R1: skip first ch, sc 1 in each of the 10 ch, sc 3 at corner, sc 1 in each st from other side, sc2 at corner.

R2: sl st 1 in side sts, sc 1 in 2 sts, ch5, skip 2 sts, dc1 in next, ch5, skip 2 sts,

sc1 in 6 sts, (sc2) at lower corner, sc 1 in each of the base sts and side sts, sc 4 in ch5-sp, sc1 on dc-st, sc5 in ch5-sp,

sc 1 in each st till lower corner, (sc2) at corner-st, sl sts on each bottom sts, sl st 2 on side-sts.

Thread pearl by 0.5 mm hook, make chs 40+3, 3dc-puff on 4th ch. hide the yarn end and cut.

Join yarn on other side for making cord, thread pearl and make similarly other cord.

With black yarn make sc6 in magic loop, cl, BO. Make two pieces. Sew them properly.

Beautiful Rakhi is ready.

The following video with English subtitles may help you.

ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Doily 2 with Big Rose, Big (28" diameter) Festival Doily

  Hello friends, This is the second doily I made using the big rose. You can see the pattern for this big rose in previous post, (Crochet Do...