Saturday, April 9, 2022

Beautiful Crochet Doily with Rose at Centre

 

Hello friends,

The poet Janine Herrington said, "Doily is a work of women artistry in which you can find art, architecture and geometry all in one". Really it is the beautiful circular patterns developed from centre. 

I have also made so many doilies more that 80, but each time some thing new click in my mind and it inspires me to develop one more design of doily. Here also first I made this Rose used at centre and posted in my last post. Then mind starts thinking how can I use this rose and develop Doily. Then I remember the Garland I made. I decided to use this technique of making leaves along the border of doily and I made above doily.

I used 4 ply yarn, 3.5 mm hook, it's width is 10”and weight 40 gm.

R1: (sc1 at petal edge, ch6) 8 times, cl.

R2: dc10 in each ch6-sp, cl. (80 sts).

R3: (dc1 in each of the 10 sts, dc1 at joint) 8 times, cl (88  sts).

R4: (dc1 in 7 sts dc2 next) 11 times, cl (99 sts).

R5: (dc1 in 8 sts, dc2 next) 11 times, cl (110 sts)

R6: dc1 in each st, cl (110 sts), BO.

[ For bigger doily next round may be

(dc1 in 9 sts, dc2 next) 11 times …. (121) or

(dc1 in 10 sts, dc2 next) 11 times …. (132)]

Join green yarn at any st for border,

For border we need multiple of 5 sts. [So if you have 12 or 132 sts in last round then decrease 1 or 2 sts as needed to get multiple of 5]

R1: [ch2, incomplete dc in same st, YO pass through both sts, ch1, make the st long, (YO insert in side loop (on dc-side), YO get 2 long sts) 6 times, 13 sts on hook, (YO pass through 2 sts) 7 times, TURN, (YO insert in side loop (on ch-side), YO get 2 long sts) 7 times, 15 sts on hook, (YO pass through 2 sts) 8 times,TURN, skip 4 sts, join in the next st by sl st] rep till end (22 leaves), cl BO.


Finally you will get doily as in photo 1.
The following video with English subtitles may help you.
ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.







 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Multi Speciality Bag with Mosaic Granny Square

  Hello friends, This is very multispeciality Bag in which w e can keep our Mob ile, Small Diary, Pen, Goggle, Cards, Coins and many other t...