Friday, October 22, 2021

Toran of Small Aakash Kandil, Door Hanging for Diwali

Hello friends, In my last post I have shared my pattern for making Aakash Kandil (Lantern). Actually my neighbour had Toran (Maala) of small akkash kandil made of paper.
They put it on last Diwali and the whole year it was there. When ever I have my morning walk, I used to see it. Two three days ago, when I was taking my morning walk I suddenly got an idea that why not to make such crochet door hanging of small lanterns as in above figure. Then I bought small plastic bangles with 1.5" diameter and a metal ring of 3.5" diameter.Wools used are yellow and green (Vardhamaan Millenium). I used 1.75 mm crochet hook for this. For one small lantern I am going to use two bangles of 1.5" diameter and one ring os 3.5" diameter. Pattern: R1: With green yarn, wrap small plastic ring by making hdc around. I need 32 hdc for covering the bangle. Close by sl st at last.
R2: Work this round in only front loop leaving back stitch unworked, [in one st make (sc1, hdc1), in next (dc2, ch3, sc1, dc1) and in next (hdc1, sc1), sl st in next] rep 8 times, cl. BO.
Join yellow yarn in any unworked back stitch. R3: ch1, sc 1 in back loop of each st, cl (32 sts).
R4: shell in one st [shell means (dc2,ch2,dc2) in one st, ch1, skip 3 sts] rep 8 times, cl. Sl st till ch2-sp of the first shell.
R5: [shell on shell, (here shell means (dc3, ch2, dc3) in one st), ch1] rep 8 times, cl. sl st till ch2-sp.
R6: [shell on shell, (here shell means (dc4, ch2, dc4) in one st), ch1] rep 8 times, cl.
In next round join the bigger ring of 3.5" diam. R7: [hdc 2 in ch2-sp joining the ring, hdc 6 on ring in between two shells] 8 times, cl. (64 sts).
R8: shell on shell as in R6, ch1, shell on other shell in R6.....
R9: same as R5 R10: same as R4.
Sew beads on joining of big ring. Join green yarn. R11: (hdc 2 in ch2-sp, hdc 2 in next gap) rep 8 times, cl. (32 sts)
Sew tassels of 7-8 inches in alternate sts. Make belt, for that join double green yarn in between two leaves of round 2, chs 50, join at opposite side and BO.
Make such 5-6 lanterns for door hanging and join them by chains with green yarn. The following video with English subtitles may help you. ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...