Friday, May 15, 2020

Crochet Doily1

Dinner Set / Tea Set: Part 1 Tea Coaster / Glass Mat
Fig 1
Hello friends,
Last week I made this Dinner set / Tea set. As I know, tea set is collection of utensils used in preparing and serving tea. So these are also decorative mats for Kettle, suger pot, milk pot, cups or mugs, spoons etc. This is the UK traditional way of serving tea but in India we make it in a different manner. We first boil it and make it strong.
I am over great fan 😜 of tea or you can say addicted tea lover. Within my service period giving lectures for an hour or two in Mathematics made me tired and exhausted. So I also think that addiction of drinking tea started there.
Fig 2
Fig 3
 But really I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed drinking tea together with my colleagues in open canteen of that old stoned-building of my institute.
Oh πŸ˜›this happens, whenever there is a topic of tea, I lost my link 😒, that much I love tea. Main thing is not only I love it to drink myself, I love it to offer tea to others also may be my friends, may be guest, may be workers any one.
Fig 4
Fig 5

Fig 6
So no wonder I crocheted this big tea set. I deliberately call it Dinner set also. If instead of tea-coaster we call those small 4 pieces as water glass mat then it may be called dinner set. So what ever you call it but let us see how I made the tea-coasters.
Pattern of Tea-coaster:

Fig 7

Fig 8
I used 3 ply yarn and 2.5 mm crochet hook. Dimensions: 6"x5".R1: Ring of 6 chs.
R2: make 2 shells in this ring, seperated by ch 2. Shell on shell means (puff 1, ch 2, puff 1) in ch 2 gspace and puff is made as, (YO insert in a ring, YO get two long stitches)
Fig 9
repeat 5 times, YO and pass through all 11 sts on the hook. There are 3 ch 2 gaps. Fig 3.
R3: Make shell in each ch 2 gap, thus 3 shells made. Fig 4.
R4: Shell on shell, ch 3, dc 12 in next ch2-gap. Fig 5.
R5: Shell on shell, ch 3, dc 1 on previous row dc, (ch1, dc 1 on next dc) repeat, ch 3, shell on shell. Fig 6.
R6: Shell on shell, ch 3, (sc 1 in between two dcs, ch3) 11
Fig 10
Fig 11
times, shell on shell. Fig 7.
R7: Shell on shell, ch 3, (sc 1 in between two dcs, ch3) 10 times, shell on shell
R8: Shell on shell, ch 3, (sc 1 in between two dcs, ch3) 9 times, shell on shell. Fig 8.
Repeat this row till row 15 where we have to make shell on shell, ch3, sc1, ch 3, sc 1, shell on shell. Fig 9.
R16: Shell on shell, tr in ch3 loop, shell on shell, sl st in the second puff of opposite shell. See fig 10. BO.
The beautiful tea coaster / glass mat is ready. See fig 11.
Then I made such four pieces.

The following video may help you.

ETC: Enjoy the creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Multi Speciality Bag with Mosaic Granny Square

  Hello friends, This is very multispeciality Bag in which w e can keep our Mob ile, Small Diary, Pen, Goggle, Cards, Coins and many other t...