Thursday, May 9, 2019

Cute Crochet Cap - Bonnet Type
Hello friends,
Sorry again for a big gap. Here I made a bonnet type baby cap in crochet which is very good in fitting. The yarn I used is Baby Bee sweet delight in Celery colour. The yarn is really very good, being 4 ply, it's just like the Vardhamaan yarn generally people use in India. Hence I can use it for my You tube channel Kalopasak. Because otherwise the gauge changes and I cannot make it's video for my subscribers.

In USA I saw most of the yarns with recommended knitting needle 5 mm (as needed here) or more than that but here it is 4 mm and that's why I liked this yarn very much. You can see it's close up, it has no threads getting out, moreover it is smooth.

For this project I use 3 mm crochet hook.
Strip: Ch 8 +1
R 1: single crochet (sc) in each ch, ch 1 turn
R 2: sc in back loop of each st, ch 1 turn
R 3: and all rows as R 2 till the required length reached. I made 12", it;s width is 2" and there are 32 strips.
Fig 2

Fig 3
Fog 4
Then go on making sc along the length, two in each strip (63 sts) See fig 2.
R1: sc 1 in each st
Repeat R 1 till the length is 6" from bottom. See fig 3.
Fig 5
 Then divide all 63 sts in three parts and work the middle part same as sc part. (Fig 4) Work till the height is equal to the 1/3 part in the beginning of this middle extension because we want to sew it later.
Fig 6

After sewing the two parts the bonnet will look like fig 6. Note that the sewing should be very smooth.

Then go on making double crochet 1 on the bottom part of this bonnet. This is row 1.
R2: (FPdc 1 on next dc, BPdc 1 on next) repeat till end.
R 3: FPdc on FPdc and BP dc on BP

Then make a cord of chains and pass through this bottom strip. Make two beautiful flowers for the end of this chord. I made small drop shapes (see fig 7) for these two ends of the cord. Also make a simple chain to pass.

Fig 7
Lastly I make two beautiful pom pom for the top edge and sew them as shown.
Fig 8
Fig 9

The beautiful baby bonnet is ready here see fig 8 and 9. It's side look is as in fig 10.

Fig 10
ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...