Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Generation Next to Next....

Fig 1
Friends,
We all lovers of different arts have one responsibility and that is to pass our art( in what ever form we have it) to the next generation. I think I have done it but what about next to next generation? They might not be interested in picking it up when you want to give it to them but surely one day they will either realise it's importance or seeing your way of pursuing they will get inspire to take some interest in that.

These thought came in my mind when I saw these beautiful hand made "Rakhis" (Fig 1) sent by my little grand daughter (actually grand daughter of my sister) for my grand son. She got interest in crochet and she made it and sent with my sister from Pune to Amravati. What a love for the little brother!! and what a creativity!!! If some people who are reading this blog, don't know, what is Rakhi? then see fig 2, it is beautiful hand band that sister send to her brother or tie it to the wrist of her brother as a token of love and expecting same love from him. 
So instead of purchasing ready made Rakhi, she made such a amazing rakhi by hands, so cute! This is love towards her brother, love towards art and this is; what we pass to next generation indirectly.
Fig 2

My previous experience in the same direction is also very memorable. 
In those days I was in USA at my daughter's place and as usual I made sweater for my grand daughter. Moreover when ever I got time I use to knit or crochet. She saw it. One day she said to me," Aaji, I made sweater for you" (Aaji means grand maa). She was just 3 years at that time so I wondered and asked her to show and see what she showed me? (Fig 3). These were the left overs or last cut yarns from my work ЁЯШЩ. I could not stop my tears. So sweet! First thing was, she felt that she should also give some thing or particularly sweater to me( As I always use to give her) and second thing was that she just acted as if to knit and gave it to me. This is culture, what we have to pass to next generation.

Fig 3
The third experience was just on last Saturday when I was in video chat with my grand daughter (same in USA). She asked me," what I like to do when I have time?". I told her (as I was retired now), "I always knit or crochet when ever I have time". On that she replied, "yes I can also knit". (Again I thought that, as by now she was 6 years, she might have learnt knitting from her mother). She quickly understood that I was not relying, she said, "OK I will show you". Then she brought some pieces of yarn, make one knot then second, third, forth and five. I asked, "what is this?". Her reply with confidence," this is the way I knit" ЁЯШЬ. Then I asked, " what is this?". Her reply, "you have to recognise". (Again problem) It looks like earrings, my reply. See fig 4. She quickly made another one and said YES!!
 Oh!! What a confidence! and What a creativity!

Fig 4
I loved these kids so much and I salute them.

ETC : Enjoy the creativity

2 comments:

Kalopasak's Crochet Articles Exhibition at Pune Part 2

  https://youtu.be/id_-i8QCVvc рддा. резрел-реи-реирежреирек: рд╢ेрд╡рдЯी рдиिрдШाрдпрдЪा рджिрд╡рд╕ рдЖрд▓ा. рдк्рд░рддीрдХ реп. рейреж рд▓ाрдЪ рд╕ाрдзрдиा рдЖрдгि рд░ाрдЬेंрдж्рд░ рд░ाрд╡ांрдиा рдЖрдгाрдпрд▓ा рдЧेрд▓ा. рдоाрдЭे рдЬрд╡рд│рдкाрд╕ рез...