Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Super Summer Top:
Fig 1

Hi friends,
When your son gets married a new relation is developing between you and your daughter in law and that is relation of love, relation of faith. She is just your daughter, then it is natural that you want to knit / crochet some thing for her. You don't know her choice perfectly so you are worrying that whether she would like the sweater I would made for her or not?
But seeing this pattern of crochet top shown in fig 2, I felt in love with that and I was sure that she would definitely like the design.
YES!! she liked it very much.




2 - photo I saw
The link to this top in fig 2 is,


If you click the link and see the pattern, you may think that there are no cords and small tassels. So yes, they are not there. The reason that I made them was,

When I saw this pattern, I was in USA and it was only a week to return India. I asked my daughter in law, Priya to purchase wool of her choice before we depart. She bought biscuit colour, I also liked it. But then there was only 2-3 days to depart and I was not in a mood to start any new item to knit or to crochet. (mothers can understand my feelings of departing). So we took the yarn with us and returned India. After 15-20 days of cleaning and reconnecting with this home I started  this top and completed it. But as Priya was not here I could not see the fitting.  
Any how I managed to send it to her with her mother and she sent me this photo. I was so happy that she liked the top.
Fig 3 
But then in our next trip, she told me that the top does not fit her. It seemed to be loose. (She maintained her well or the yarn get loose) Then I found a solution and I made two cords with tassel at each end, one at neck and other at waist. She was so happy to see that aai had made it well fitted again, see fig 1.
Wow! look then! how beautiful it looks!
She wore it again in our next trip and I felt so happy to see her in my favourite top.
I think that summer is ending now so this time is perfect to post this pattern.
Last but not list I am really thankful to Doris Chan for such a wonderful pattern.

6 comments:

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...