Friday, February 2, 2018

Knitted Baby Set 4

Baby Sweater, Pant, Booties and Hat:


Hi friends,
Here is one more baby set I have knitted for my grand daughter.  I never  knitted Pant, so in this set I decided to knit that.
Sweater:
Material: Vardhman yarn bottle green and light yellow color, knitting needle no UK 11 and 10.
Size: For one yer baby
Gauge: 24 st and 28  rows makes 3"x 3"
                                                       
Ribbing: Row 1:(p 1, yarn on back side sl 1, yarn on front side) repeat through out the row.
Row 2: All p

Instruction: This sweater is knitted from top to bottom with wrangler cut.
CO 74 sts on no 11 needle with bottle green color.
Work on ribbing for 8 rows.
Shift sts to no 10 needle and work stockinette stitch with light yellow color.
Note that we have to knit first 5 sts and last 5 sts as per ribbing pattern.
Now divide 74 sts and add marker as follow, (5+12+9+23+9+11+5)
Row 1: 5 sts ribbing for button band, k 11 sts for left front  YO, k1, add marker, YO, k 8, for sleeve, YO,  k 1, add marker, YO, k 22 for back side, YO, k 1, add marker, YO, k 8 for sleeve, YO, k 1, add marker,  YO, k 11 for right front and 5 sts as per ribbing. (total sts 82) (5+13+11+25+11+12+5)

Row 2: All purl.
Row 3: 5 sts ribbing for button band, k 12 sts for left front  YO, k1, move marker, YO,  k 10, YO,  k 1, move marker,  YO, k 24, YO, k1, move marker,  YO, k 10 for sleeve, YO, k 1, move marker, YO, k 12 for right front and 5 sts as per ribbing. (total sts 90) (5+14+13+27+13+13+5).
Row 4: All purl
For row 5 change the color of the yarn. Repeat this after every 4 rows.

Thus go on increasing 8 sts in each odd row.
Repeat rows 3 and 4 thirty times more. Last number of sts will be 210 and distribution will be (5+29+43+57+43+28+5).
Now take one st among the sleeve's 43 in back side and one st from the 43 sts of sleeves in right half side. Thus now you have 42 sts for sleeves, take on st holder and remaining (5 button band + 29 left side + 58 back side + 29 from right side + 5 button band) 126 sts and 84 from two sleeves thus 210 sts intact.
Now work stockinette sts till the required length; again changing the yarn color after every 4 rows. I have worked 56 rows more.
Lastly with bottle green color work ribbing for 10 rows with 11 no needle and bind off.

Now take the 42 sts of the sleeve on needle and again work stockinette sts till the required length. Remember that you have to decrease 1 st after 8 rows and change the yarn color after every 4 rows. After the length of the sleeve is sufficient work ribbing for 10 rows on 11 no needle.

This sweater I have knitted with my own design but pant, hat and booties from different free patterns

Pant: Generally in India pant is not sewed for baby-girl and but as my daughter is in USA we also know that it is girl but I thought that as it is very cold there we can knit it and hence I tried. This  is first time I worked on circular needle for seamless pant and it turned out very well. I love the pattern and particularly those small pockets.

I am very much thankful to Brynne for such a cute pattern for free. This is the link,

 http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTcargo.html



Hat: Till 2011, I have knitted only typical type of cap for small baby as given in my 8 Dec 2017's post. So as soon as I saw this hat I liked it so much and I thought that it will suit with pant hence I knitted it along with this sweater and pant.

I am again thankful to Alice Schnebly  for this wonderful  free pattern,
   
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kiddie-cadet
Hat with booties
Hat

Booties: Again I have knitted socks but not booties. I like this simple pattern but when I knitted it; it's gauge fails to be accurate and the result is that they are small in size as compare to sweater, pant and hat. A mathematics professor, wrong in proportion 😝! But it's ok, I said, I will make new one and I knitted it.

Forget about the size the first booties but they looked so cute that I used them as show piece in my drawing room 😈

 This is one more thing I should note that wool, Vardhaman in India is quite thin so you should first see the gauge and then decide that how many sts should be cast on. Otherwise all my patterns will be too big to fit your baby.

I am grateful to Mary Jane for this cute booties. Here is the link,

https://lifestyle.howstuffworks.com/crafts/knitting/free-baby-bootie-knitting-patterns2.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...