Sunday, September 10, 2017

Crochet Baby Blanket:
When first time I heard that my daughter was pregnant in 2011, I was very happy and excited because first time I will be grandma, what should I do for the special one who will call me grandma. I took out all the wool I had and then I started thinking, what to knit, crochet??? Because of over excitement I could not finalize the pattern for baby set and all. So what I did first was this....

Baby Blanket
It is a multi color baby blanket. This is very special for me because it is the first item made for my grand daughter, who is very special for me. One more reason is this blanket is related with so many memories for example, this color sweater I knitted when my daughter was in 5th grade or the combination of these two colors was used to knit sweater for my son or this one was for my father in law etc.

Final size: 3ft x 2 ft. Each motif  3.7" x 3.7"
Material: Different colors wool, crochet needle 2 mm, black silk cloth for lining
Instructions: Square motifs are crocheted separately and the joined by black wool.
Pedal: ch 2, dc 3, ch 2
Shell: dc 3, ch 2, dc 3

Take any one color, Ring of ch 4
Row 1:  Ch 3, dc 2 in the ring, (ch 2,  dc 3,  in the ring ch 2) pedal two more times, join with third chain of the first ch 3. Bind off.
Row 2: Join the second color wool, ch 5, (dc 3, ch 2, dc 3 in a next gap - that is shell, ch 2) repeat two more times then dc 3, ch 2, dc 2 and join with the third chain out of ch 5 worked in the starting. Bind off.
Row 3: Join new color, ch 3, dc 2 in the same ch 2 gap, then work shell at the corner ch 2 gap and pedals at the middle ch 2 gaps. Lastly shell in the corner, ch 2, dc 2 and join with the third chain of the starting ch 3. Bind off.
Row 4: Join new color, ch 5, dc 3 in the next ch 2 gap, then work shell in all corner gaps and pedals in the middle gaps. Lastly dc 2 in the first gap and join with the third chain of the starting ch 3. Bind off.
Row 5: With black color ch 3, dc 3 in the next gap, ch 2. Again as in the previous row work shells in the corners and pedals in the other ch 2 gaps. Lastly join with the third chain out of ch 3 worked in the starting. Bind off.

Make such 48 square motifs then join them with simple chain stitch. 8 motifs x 6 motifs.

Last row: Work dc in every stitch of the last row (after sewing) and dc 3 at the corner stitch, with black color.

Sew black silk lining and your baby blanket is ready. Your small baby will like to see these various colors in the blanket. Once the baby is big enough, you can use it as a table cloth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...