Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Crochet Flower: Gokarn

 

Hello friends,
I made crochet Gokarn flowers. These are supposed to be very holy flowers and used in rituals. Many of my subscribers requested me to make these and hence I made them. 
In nature blue, white and red Gokarn flowers are also found but mostly I saw this colour in our region. 
Making of this flower

Many of my friends asked me that whether I got the pattern written some where or I made it by my own. So I give making of this flower.

Generally my method is, I used to bring that flower. For this one I asked Namdev (our helper) to bring it from Varsha tai (wife of my mister's brother). He brought them. 


Then I literally disect the flower (so sad, but has to)

I sketch the shapes on some paper.  Actually it is so rough work, just for an idea of shape. Because flowers may not be available when I make it.

Then I try to make the shape. Ofcourse it doesn't happen at once. There are at least 2 trials and then it finalises. Then I make the video.

This method I used for almost all flowers I made.

Material: For this flower I used 3 ply yarn (light green, dark purple and white) and 1.75 mm hook.

Pattern: Make ch9,

R1: from second ch sc 1, hdc 1, dc 3, (dc2), dc 1, at corner st dc 5, on other side make, dc1, (dc2), dc3, hdc1, sc1, cl. (10+1+10 sts)

R2: Till central stitch work in between two scs or dcs. With green Ch1, sc1, hdc 1, dc2, (dc2). Change colour to purple, make (dc2) 4 times, dc1.

At central stitch dc3,

On other side, dc1, (dc2) 4 times, change colour to green, (dc2) dc2, hdc1, sc1, cl . (7Green+11Purple+1 central st+11purple+7 green).

R3: Insert wire if you want. With green ch1, sc 1 in 7 sts. Change colour to purple, sc1, hdc1, (dc3)3 times, hdc1, sc1, hdc1, (dc3) in each of the 3 sts, (dc4) in central st, (dc3) in 3 sts,  ( till last 8 purple sts remain) then hdc1, sc1, hdc1 (dc3) 3 times, hdc1, sc1, change colour to green, sc 1 in 7 sts, cl.

White middle part: ch9,

R1: sc 1 in each st from second ch (8 sts)

R2 to R6: ch1 turn, sc 1 in each st, BO (8 sts)

Round up this white piece (roll it) and sew this at the middle part of the flower made. 

Then with green yarn sew 2 sts at the bottom of flower.

The beautiful Gokarn flower is ready.

One correction that can be done is, while make white central rectangular piece, make it's border blue. This I realised when I saw  the photo but the flower which I actually saw has totally white middle portion. Hence I made it white.

The following video may help you.


ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully explained. Shall try it soon. Thank you so much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bageshree 🙏. After completing share photo with me.

    ReplyDelete

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...