Friday, August 13, 2021

Crochet Durva for Ganeshji: Hariyali

 

Hello friends,

Here my new creation is Durva. Non Indian people may not know, what is Durva and what is it's importance. So for them,

Durva is a special type of grass which is used in all Hindu rituals. This grass is believed to have purifying effect and hence wear in Hom (Yadnya) etc. It is a powerful symbol of regenration, fertility and hence prosperity. Importance of Durva

Durva is cut with 3 leaves or 5 leaves and a bunch of such 21 Durva is used in Ganesh Puja. The question, why 21? is always in my mind. I asked many authorities but don't get satisfying answer. But just now I came to know that Ganeshji is the Captain in wars  and there are group of 20 warriers in each and one captain of them, such 20 groups and captain of them is Ganeshji. Hence je liked the number 21 or in order that people should remember this, it becomes a tradition to iffwe Ganeshji bunch of 21 Durvas or 21 Modaks. 

Actually every puja starts by worshiping Ganeshji. The prase "Shri Ganesh" signifies starting of new thing, some good thing, some positive thing.

I made crochet Bel for Shankarji, Jaswand flower for Ganeshji. So, many of my friends request me to make crochet durva, hence I made this.
I made it in two different types. After making Durva of type 1 (right corner Durva is type 1) I thought that it"s leaves comes out to more broad / thick than real one; so then I made type 2. I hope that they are very close to real one (left side Durva).
Pattern: 
Type 1 Durva: Chs 6, sl st 5 starting from second, 


chs 8, sl st 7, 


chs 11, sl st 10, sl st at the joint, chs 8, sl st 7, sl st at joint.


Type 2: Make a loop on 4 fingers, 

fold it, make ch1, sc5 on two threads of folded loop. BO with bigger yarn end. Then cut the loop from centre to get two leaves and third is the yarn end.
Lastly apply fevical to three leaves so that they will remain stiff.

Wow and this comes out to be very good.
The following video with English subtitles may help you.
ETC: Enjoy the Creativity.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Multi Speciality Bag with Mosaic Granny Square

  Hello friends, This is very multispeciality Bag in which w e can keep our Mob ile, Small Diary, Pen, Goggle, Cards, Coins and many other t...