Thursday, November 30, 2017

My Retirement Sweater:

Every time I came back from USA, along with my family members particularly grand daughter and grand son, what I missed was Red Heart wool! You think I am kidding but of course not when first time I used Red Heart Wool ( 6 ply) in USA in 2009 and knitted sweater for my husband,  since then I was in love with that wool and I always wished that I should also knit a sweater for myself with this wool. But as I have been working in morning college for 12 years, I have number of sweaters and shawls which are not needed now a days due to afternoon timing of the institute. Now I am retired in March 2017 and when my first pension was deposited in bank, I could not control myself from spending some amount from that. If I would have been in India then I may bought a saree- my favorite,  but as I was in USA at that time, I suddenly decided to purchase Red Heart Wool for myself and make a sweater.

Material: Three skeins of Red Heart with Love wool LW 2906 Mango color. 

This pattern if free on Borroco, I liked it and this is the web address.

http://www.berroco.com/sites/default/files/downloads/patterns/Berroco_FreePattern_Drift_v2.pdf


I also take this opportunity to say many many thanks to Emily Nora O’Neil for providing such a beautiful pattern free.
The changes I have made to fit my physique are,
1. On back side I CO only 90 sts because with 98, I thought that it will not fit me
2. For front sides instead of 46, I cast on only 42 sts,
3. Required height is same therefore  on back side instead of decreasing 8 sts twice across, in between the markers I have decreased 6-6 sts
4. On front sides also 4 sts instead of 5 and increase 3 sts instead of 4.
5. For sleeves I have cast 46 sts.
6. After ribbing instead of decreasing 8 sts, I have decreased only 4 sts.so 42 sts remain
7. For increase row, 14 sts are increased as mentioned in pattern, therefore 56 sts now
8. 4-4 are bind off for shaping cap as mentioned in the pattern then 2 sts are decreased after every 2" thus 14 sts are decreased. So instead of 18 sts I have only 16 sts.
Last bind off 4-4 from both sides and remaining 8 at last.

Thanks once again for the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doily

Friends,  Here is the beautiful pattern of Doily. Actally I made it as one of the Dinner set Plate Decor. The following video shows other th...