Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tatting for Magazine Holder:


Magazine Holder
Tatting: Tatting is a beautiful art of knotting the thread. There are variety of types in tying a knot and each one has its own importance. Oh! it means knot seems to be important, right from sailor to mathematicians (in Mathematics we have learnt "Knot Theory").

In Indian wedding ceremony also, "Tying Three Knots" is an essential part of the ceremony which indicates the significance of commitment by three means, commitment by mind, by words and by act. In simple language we can say that those knots tied in the marriage are nothing but bond of love expected to be tight through out the life. The art of tatting is also so delicate, beautiful and attractive that once we are tied by the knot in tatting we shall never give up tatting.

I learn tatting knot when I was 20 years. My mother's niece, Aparna had shown my mommy different delicate tatted flowers, laces etc. Mommy was so impressed and as usual she asked me to go to Aparna and learn that. Thus I started my tatting. Initially I have made number of single shuttle flowers and decided to sew them to sari, the dress I used to wear, but I don't have any photo of them.

Later on I learnt how to work with double shuttle or one shuttle and one ball and I worked a flower using one shuttle and one ball.
I make such 16 flowers and attach them to form a beautiful Magazine holder.

Material:  Anchor Madura Coats thread of number 20, shuttle, Plastic ring, Black cotton cloth 50 cm.

Final Size of the Flower: 1.5" diameter
Instructions: 
[Ring of 2 ds, 6 p sep by 2 ds each, 2 ds, close the ring
Turn the work. Chain of 3 ds, 9 p sep by 2 ds, 3 ds
Turn the work. Ring of 2 ds, 1 p, 2 ds, join with the second picot of the first ring, 2 ds, 4 p sep by 2 ds each, 2 ds close the ring.]
Continue like this till 7 small rings are worked. At the time of last ring join it with 6th ring as said above , work 2 ds, 1 p, 2 ds, 1 p, 2 ds then join with the 5th picot of the first ring, work 2 ds, 1 p, 2 ds then close.
One flower made.
Make one more flower till 6 chains and 7 rings are completed. At the time of seventh chain join the middle picot (out of nine) with the middle picot of the 9 picot chain of the flower which is already worked, then work one ring again at the time of eighth chain also join the middle picot of 9 picots with the middle picot of the adjacent chain of the flower which is already made.
In this way join these 8 flowers one with other to make a strip as in the photo. Make two such strips.

Measure the length of the strip of flowers formed if it is 12" then take black cloth and cut strips of 25" x 4" (the size may be changed as per the length of the strip of eight flowers).  Sew them turn. Press it and attach 8 flower strip to that on one side. Pass it through the ring and sew ends with each other neatly.
Similarly make another one and your Magazine holder is ready.

(I apology for the bad photo because it is not the photo when it is made. I use it in my house from so many days and now I have that photo so sorry for that.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Cap for Baby with Neck Warmer for Beginners

  Hello friends, Here is a very simple baby cap specially made for beginners.  This cap is for 6-9 month with circumference of head 13.5&quo...