Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Aviator Hat:
Fig 1
Hi friends,
After completing the coat and booties (as in the previous post), I decided to make matching hat in that set. Initially I thought that it should be cable designed hat and I have one pattern of that type.
But then I asked my daughter in law to search for hat design of her choice. She liked one but that pattern was for sell on Etsy for 4.57$.
 https://www.etsy.com/in-en/listing/97840496/aviator-hat-knitting-pattern-baby?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share


She said that she will purchase the pattern and then I should make it. (Here I will tell you one secrete that we Indian mothers when go to USA, we rarely dare to spent in dollars because we always compare with Rupees.)
But when I saw the photo in fig 2, I thought, "I can make it without buying the pattern, I should try".
Fig 2

I told her that let me try first.
Then actually I tried it but it didn't work better. Because I wanted to make it for my grand son where as it was so big that it fits me ЁЯШв, see fig 3. I didn't tink it.
But then the second try went well enough.
See (fig 1) the fitting is perfect!!!
Of course I should say thanks to Julie Taylor
for her work and the photo shared on Love Fibres.

I worked the smaller size as follows...

I used 4 mm needles and baby wool.


Fig 3
Ear flap: CO 4 stitches. Continuing in garter stitch for 6 rows.
Then increase 2 sts on each RS by working Kfb in the first and the last stitch till there are 20 sts.
Then work 4 rows by Garter stitch and keep the work on one extra needle.
Similarly make one more ear flap.
But for this flap after working 2 rows of 4 sts, Work K1, YOK2tog, K1 so that there will be a button hole.

Brim: CO 24 sts
Work 15 rows in Garter stitch. Keep the work on separate needle.

Main part of hat: CO 28 sts, take the 20 sts of one ear flap on this needle, take the 24 sts of brim and 20 sts of ear flap on the same needle.
CO 28 sts more. Thus there are in all,
28+20+24+20+28 = 120 sts.
With these 120 sts work 10 row in Garter stitch.
Here onward we work in Stockinette stitch.
Row 1: *K 8, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 2 and all even rows: All purl.
Row 3: *K7, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 5: *K6, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 7: *K5, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 9: *K4, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 11: *K3, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 13: *K2, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 15: *K1, K2tog* Repeat till end.
Row 17: *K2tog* Repeat till end.

Sew one button to the ear flap which has no button hole.
Also turn the brim up and sew two show buttons or simple big buttons as shown in figure.

Fig 4
Fig 5



Hope that you also love the pattern.

Happy knitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kalopasak's Crochet Articles Exhibition at Pune Part 2

  https://youtu.be/id_-i8QCVvc рддा. резрел-реи-реирежреирек: рд╢ेрд╡рдЯी рдиिрдШाрдпрдЪा рджिрд╡рд╕ рдЖрд▓ा. рдк्рд░рддीрдХ реп. рейреж рд▓ाрдЪ рд╕ाрдзрдиा рдЖрдгि рд░ाрдЬेंрдж्рд░ рд░ाрд╡ांрдиा рдЖрдгाрдпрд▓ा рдЧेрд▓ा. рдоाрдЭे рдЬрд╡рд│рдкाрд╕ рез...